Garden Club of Chester, New Jersey
Wondering what to do with cranberries? Try our club member's elegant Christmas Cranberry Mousse:
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream
1. Grind cranberries, combine with 1 cup sugar and let stand for 5 minutes;
2. Add unbeaten egg whites, orange concentrate, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low till frothy.
3. Beat at high speed till stiff peaks form.
4. In a separate bowl, whip cream till soft peaks form, then fold into cranberry mixture.
5. Freeze until firm or serve immediately
6. [Optional] you can use the mousse in a pie shell or serve it with a pretty dish - it doesnt take long to defrost. You can freeze the mousse up to 2 weeks.
Comments are closed for this blog post